With the big game right around the corner, I wanted to share this amazing creamy cannoli dip! This creamy version uses ricotta cheese and some confectioners sugar. I use a little bit of cinnamon and vanilla extract as well. I have even won over people who do not typically eat cannoli’s. I know that sounds crazy, but people like that exist.The best game day food is fun and make ahead. The cannoli dip always scores me a touch down with fans!
Creamy Cannoli Dip
This creamy cannoli dip will be a game day hit with your friends and family.
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh ricotta cheese, whole milk
- 1 c confectioners sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 c whole milk (to add in at your discretion)
- 1 c chocolate chips (the mini ones work best)
- 1-2 boxes ice cream cones, sugar or waffle
- Mix together the ricotta, powdered sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and lemon zest. Note: you can adjust the measurements to your liking. This is just what I start with. If you want more of a vanilla kick add more vanilla, if you want it sweeter add more sugar!
- Depending on your desired consistency slowly add splashes of milk. I don’t like it too watery, so I just add like two splashes of milk which equals to about a 1/4 of a cup.